It has come to our attention that various individuals and organizations are contacting people offering false employment opportunities in the name of South Atlantic Petroleum. They are also insinuating that our website may have been hacked and our email compromised. This is not true! We take such matter extremely seriously, and work with the appropriate legal authorities to terminate fraudulent schemes using The South Atlantic Petroleum name. By making you aware of this, we hope to avoid and ultimately stop victims falling for this scam.
- Respond to unsolicited business propositions and/or offers of employment from people with whom you are unfamiliar
- Disclose your personal or financial details to anyone you do not know
- Send any money. SAPETRO does not ask for money transfers or payments from applicants to secure a job, either as an employee or as a contractor
- Engage in further communication if you believe the communications may be fraudulent. All communications from South Atlantic Petroleum will be from a @SAPETRO.com email address only.
How to identify Recruitment fraud
- The perpetrators will often ask recipients to complete bogus recruitment documentation, such as application forms, terms and conditions of employment or visa forms. The SAPETRO name and logo is often featured on the documentation without authority.
- There is an early request for personal information such as address details, date of birth, CV, passport details, bank details etc.
- Candidates are requested to contact other companies/individuals such as lawyers, bank officials, travel agencies, courier companies, visa/immigration processing agencies etc.
- E-mail correspondence is often sent from (or to) free web-based e-mail accounts such as Yahoo.com, Yahoo.co.uk, Gmail.com, Googlemail.com, Live.com etc.
- The perpetrators frequently use mobile or platform telephone numbers instead of official company numbers which can be checked on our website under contact us.
- The perpetrators may even offer to pay a large percentage of the fees requested and ask the candidate to pay the remaining amount.
- There is an insistence on urgency.
The disclaimer is also on our “Careers” page (http://www.sapetro.com/careers/). SAPETRO will not be held liable for any loss of funds to these scammers. Please beware!