We strive to make a difference in the social lives of host communities through investments that simultaneously provide lasting community benefits and direct business value.
SAPETRO shall continue to remain a responsible and good corporate citizen ensuring that the benefits of its resources pass on to host communities through positive contributions to social development initiatives. As a wholly indigenous Nigerian oil and gas company with interests in African nations, SAPETRO sees itself as an ambassador of the Nigerian people. It is the policy of SAPETRO to manage all its activities and operations in a responsible manner that:
– Meet the high quality standards we set as part of our business objectives.
– Protect the health and safety of our employees, contractors and public.
– Minimise adverse impact on the environment.
To accomplish this we will:
– Ensure personnel are aware of their delegated HSE responsibilities.
– Ensure that all Company activities are performed to the best of our capabilities.
– Design and manage activities to prevent pollution, minimise environmental and health impacts.
– Provide work places where safety hazards have been fully assessed and appropriately mitigated.
– Comply with all applicable HSE legislation, regulations, other requirements and standards.
– Ensure that environment, health and safety protection are always top of the agenda.
– Consider community expectations, cultural heritage, stakeholder benefits and costs and liabilities.
– Strive for continuous improvement in our HSE performance
– Measure this by setting objectives and targets consistent with the aims of this policy.
– Routinely monitor and report HSE performance to the Board of Directors.
– The Board will ensure that the necessary resources are provided to support this policy fully.